Our children are growing in God!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I can do all things...

Over the last four months, our family has been put through a somewhat trying time. We have been separated as Kevin began his new job in Port Arthur 90 miles away. On the weekends he comes home, but during the week, he is away. The first couple of months were very hard on the kids...another move to a strange land, new friends, instability, Daddy gone, etc. We experienced sleeping problems, attitude problems, crying spells, anger, you name it. I have even experienced a bit of depression. It is hard to feel alone and to be left with all the immediate decisions of the house hold.
I told myself the other day, that when I was a Navy wife, I did this all of the time. Why was it so hard this time? Was it because I did not have my Navy wives to support me? They knew exactly what it was like to go through this kind of transition. Was it because I was not used to it any more? Perhaps it was the unexpectedness of this promotion. Then it hit me, I like it here. I have made such wonderful friends that I go to church with, one a former Navy wife. When you are prepared to move every 2 years, you don't get attached like you should. I allowed myself to get attached, deeply to people here. I am so thankful for that.
I know that the Beaumont area is not that far away and there will be many opportunities to keep in touch and see my wonderful friends. Today, I came across this picture of Kevin in uniform. All those memories hit me. God gave me the strength I have been asking him for, or maybe I just felt it. My favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4:13..."I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". This is my reminder that I can do anything because God will guide me and give me strength. I can endure.
"Thank you God for opening my ears to hear you. Thank you for renewing my spirit today. I am so thankful for all that you have done for my family. Thank you for the friends I have met here, who will be in my life forever, as they follow you too. Please show me where you want me to go and where you need me in your work in the world. May I always remember what a privelige it is to be one of your chosen children. Please show me how to bless those who need to see you in us. Thank you so much for your son Jesus. In His holy and precious name I pray, Amen."
May you feel as blessed as you truly are today...Posted by Picasa

No comments: