Our children are growing in God!

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School 2008



Today, along with many other parents, I welcomed back the new school year. After a rough summer, I thought we were probably all ready for school to start, but as it turned out, it was bittersweet.

Kailyn started jr. high today....6th grade. She asked us to drive her. Of course, it is an honor for a jr. high child to want her parents to participate in anything with them, so we drover her. I have to say, I cried a little. I just know she will make great choices and be such a light to people this year. She has grown so much over the past year. I can't wait for her to make a name for herself.

Cami started 5th grade...the big kid on campus. She rode the bus with her friends. I know she will be a great example for the younger kids. They will be watching her. I look forward to seeing what she chooses to become involved with this year.

Kaden began his school career today in Kindergarten. He wanted to ride the bus, but we insisted on dropping him off, especially since Kevin took the day off for the occasion. Karis sent a great postcard last week about letting your child go off to school and I could not read it without crying. I was not sure how I would be today, but I did better than I thought. He says he had a great day, but he is being rather secretive about the whole thing. Our little boy is growing up :-(.

Kenzie was thrilled to stay home with me by herself. We didn't get to do too many fun things today as she took a 3 1/2 hour nap. I didn't know what to do with myself.

Anyway, we are back to the school schedule, back to homework, early bedtimes, and little tv and computer time (yeah). I am hopeful for a great school year. I know that all three of them will be successful at whatever they do and put their all into their work and friendships.

We, truthfully could not be any prouder of any of them. The Lord has blessed us with some awesome kids!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your family. I see them all make good choices all the time and I really can not wait to see how they shape the lives around them.

I believe that Kailyn will be a great leader and strong.

I believe that Cami will be wise and a good listener.

I believe that Kaden will be gentle and thoughtful. (YET very manly, Kevin)

and I believe that Kenzie will be a caretaker for many. I also think that she will be able to persuade anyone.

I hope that this year brings about the best for your whole family. I love you all, Amy

Kevin & Tiffany Daniels said...

You are so sweet. Thank you. It is no wonder why my entire family loves you!