Our children are growing in God!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beach Babes!

We have lived in Houston for almost 2 years and this was our first visit to the beach. We have been beach snobs after moving from Hawaii, but we have gotten over it. The kids enjoyed being back in the water so much. I must say that I did too. They all are very natural in the water. Kailyn and Cami had a great time boogie boarding, I did a little as well. Kaden and Kenzie enjoyed the small waves and, of course the sand. Kevin and I went hermit crab hunting and caught about 10. Let me be honest, I found a few, but I made Kevin go get them, just in case it was something else (lol). He even sacrificed his sunglasses to get a big one. Way to go honey. We actually brought 4 hermit crabs home with us as souvineers. They are kind of growing on me.

It was so wonderful to forget about all the hectic things that are going on in our lives right now and just chill out as a family, all of us together. Needless to say, we are worn out, but I am so glad we had the opportunity to get away for a couple of days and reconnect. There has always been something about the ocean that makes me sit back for a quiet moment and think about all the wonderful creations God has given us the privelidge to enjoy. I had a few moments to just sit back and enjoy some peaceful time with God, with the waves crashing in the background. What a blessing.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: