Our children are growing in God!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Texas Day

For those of you who are not familiar with how Texas works, we are unlike any other state. Not only are we the biggest in mass and have more large cities than any other state, Texas is the only state that used to be it's own country. Therefore, we tend to run a little different than other states in the U.S. Our children are taught about our great state in school. The last couple of weeks, Kaden's kindergarten class has been learning about Texas. So, today was Texas day. And when you think of Texas, you think cowboy. So here is our little Texas cowboy Kaden.

I tried to get him to make a "mean cowboy" face, but it didn't work. I had to result, once again, to mooning him to get a smile. Otherwise, all the pictures would be of him whining and looking down. He has become rather shy when the attention is centered on him. I just hope that the full moons aren't screwing him up (ha).

While we are on the subject of our precious boy, I wanted to tell everyone that Kaden has now read 17/18 books required for him this year. At first, it was sight words and picture association, but as he got the the later books in the series, he was actually sounding out words he didn't know and READING! How exciting.

Have a great day, I know it will be great here where we are going into the 80's again for wonderful weather. God bless Texas!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie Campbell said...

I LOVE texan Day! I love the kids in their cowboy hats! I added you to my site.. just catching up on your blog!!!