Our children are growing in God!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Here's Your Sign


Five months ago, when Kevin received his promotion, we never dreamed we would still be here in Houston. This journey in our lives has been rather difficult, but I am thankful that we have gone through it. I think it has made us stronger as a family, even though there were times I didn't know if we could do this or not. I think God has shown us how important each person is to the balance of how this family works. He knew we had taken some things for granted. We are now reminded.

Perhaps one of the things I am most thankful for is the rally of my friends. You know who you are. Thank you for being there when I needed someone to vent to, someone to watch my kids, someone to eat dinner with or watch a movie with. Because Kevin has been gone during the week, there have been opportunities to share that otherwise would not have been there.

Remember the saying about not knowing who your friends are until you really need them? It is so true. What an awesome way of showing how true you are, to lend a hand, an ear, to share a meal. "Thank you God for these wonderful people you have brought into my life. Although our time together here has been short, I know that 90 miles is not going to even dent what we have. I can only hope that I have been as good of friend as the ones you have given me. Thank you for allowing my three precious daughters see what women can do for each other. Through these friends, they have received life long relationships too. In a world where women are catty and everyone wants to be the best, it is so refreshing to see just plain ol good people. I can see your works being done here. I know your plan for me has not yet been completely revealed, but I am ready for the challenges that lie ahead. I am refreshed and renewed. Thank you Lord for all you have given me. I am so blessed. Most of all, thank you for your Son and the plan that allows me to be human, but still be saved. In His precious name I pray, Amen."

I have grown here. I have had opportunities that were not available or I was not ready to take on before. God has shown me new gifts I was unaware I had. My spirit is stong, my faith is stronger. Yes, much of this is due to my personal relationship with God, but I truly feel that my Church family and friends have played a big part as well. I am thankful for our time here in Houston. I look forward to seeing the seeds grow from afar. I anticipate great things in Beaumont too. I am anxious to see how these stepping stones lead to the next stage in my life.

I am going to soak in the next 19 days with my peeps as much as I can. I didn't want to wait until we left to let everyone know how great Southeast people can be. I love you and can't wait to share more time with my friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: