Our children are growing in God!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where's The Beef

For those of you watching the aftermath of IKE, take a look at our food supply here in Houston. There is NO meat, dairy and very little produce. I finally found some beef at Sam's and a little chicken.

I have never experienced this before so this part of a hurricane never crossed my mind until I lived it. Please keep all of us in your prayers. There are over 1.5 million still without power and the temperature is rising along with the humidity. Also if you can imagine all the standing water and the number of mesquitoes it is producing. I have friends who are starting to get frusterated. All in all, people are still in good spirits.

I would like to point out what a great country and continent we live in. I have seen convoys of utility trucks numbering up to 18 in a row. There are people here from 31 states, Mexico and Canada helping all of us restore power, cut down trees, and clean up debris so we can move forward. Mayor Bill White of Houston has set up a fund for all those helping Houston get back on its feet. I will make sure of the web address and post it as soon as I can for those of you who would like to help out.

"Thank you God for this great city and this wonderful country we are so priveliged to live in. This country is so great because it is based on You. Please continue to be with those in need and help us to restore and rebuild as quickly as possible. Please help those who have lost so much, many of whom I know and love, get the help they need to reestablish the lives they have worked so hard to build. Thank you so much for the wonderful, kind-hearted people who are going way beyond what they can do to help. It is so awesome to know there are still great people out there. We love you and are so thankful for all of our blessings, even in times like these. Thank you so much for giving us your Son, who gave us the ultimate example of what a giving spirit is. Please help us all strive to be more like Him. In His precious name I pray, Lord. Amen."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: